Irix Lens 15mm f/2.4 Firefly for Pentax
The ultra wide-angle, rectilinear manual focus lens designed for DSLR cameras.
Providing a focal length of 15mm, this lens is ideal for outdoor and indoor photography.
Buy Irix 15mm f/2.4 Firefly and get 60% discount for SNS-HDR software
The optical construction of the Irix Firefly wide-angle lens is superb, meeting the most demanding requirements of modern cameras. 15 elements in 11 groups include three elements of highly refractive glass and two of extra-low dispersion glass. Two aspherical lenses provide extremely high image quality and improve image brightness at the edges, while minimizing distortion and aberration.
- Focus Lock-allows you to lock the focus ring in a specific position, which is extremely beneficial when you want to keep a specific focus plane i.e. in astrophotography, or when using the hyperfocal scale.
- Click at infinity - enables precise, easy, and quick focusing. During focusing, you will feel the exact moment when your lens sets to infinity, which is extremely useful when shooting in difficult lighting conditions (i.e. at night).
- Rear Gel filter slot– allows the use of Neutral Grey filters mounted on the rear of the lens, which is a unique feature of the Irix 15mm f/2.4 and Irix 11mm f/4.0 lenses.
- 95mm front filter thread– allows you to use screw-in filters such as Irix Edge UV & Protector, Irix Edge Circular Polarizer, Irix Edge ND, and Irix Edge Light Pollution filter and others.
- Circular Polariser Adjustment Window– the lens hood is equipped with a sliding window, allowing you to freely rotate the polarizing filter without the risk of getting dirty.
- Compatible with Irix Edge IFH-100 Filter Holder – allows you to expand your creativity thanks to Gradual Neutral Density filters with different gradients: Soft, Hard and Reverse.
- Focus Calibration window – due to the specifics of focus detection in DSLR cameras based on phase detection, it may sometimes happen that the lens needs to sync with the camera. Thanks to this special opening, you can easily calibrate the lens at home using basic tools within 5 minutes. Fast, simple and effective!
Firefly is the standard version equipped with three rubber seals that protect camera mount and focusing mechanism against dust, moisture and accidental water splashes. Ergonomic focusing ring with rubber grip allows to have more freedom when operating the camera. It is the most lightweight lens in its class.
Makes for a lightweight journeyThe same optical performance and high quality mechanism as the Blackstone, but implemented in a lightweight and handy design. Whether you sail, hike, drive or fly, the Irix Firefly 15mm f/2.4 will make your journey extraordinary. The ergonomic focusing ring offers the freedom to capture the most ideal moment, whether it is big city architecture or wildlife scenery. Challenge accepted.
Intelligent Lens DesignThe Irix 15mm f/2.4 lens has a module that allows you to control the lens’ iris directly from the camera, thanks to which popular semi-automatic modes (PASM) and data recording in EXIF format are available. The use of electronics also enable the lens to be equipped with a focus confirmation system – the camera will announce the correct focus setting (either in the form of an icon in the viewfinder or with a sound), every time you set the focus correctly – it’s easy and convenient!
It’s worth noting that Irix lenses have the appropriate correction profiles that are pre-loaded and readable by software (such as Adobe Lightroom and Adobe Photoshop), that will make your shooting experience even more enjoyable.
- Irix 15mm f2.4 Firefly for Pentax
- lens hood
- front lens cap
- 2 rear lens caps
- soft lens pouch
- metal box
|Sensor size||full frame|
|Apreture blades count||9|
|Lens composition||15 elements in 11 groups|
|Minimum focusing distance||0.25m|
|Focal lenght type||prime|
|Rear gel filter slot||30 x 30mm|
|Weather sealing||3 rubber o-rings|
|Focus ring distance scale||metric|
|Size (mm)||114 x 100mm|
You might also like